Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Saturday, June 20, 2009

nosedive day 10


... that is the temperature, from yesterday's 28C to 15C,
but it has been raining for the last 2 hours, which is good,
I was a tad worried about the upper garden not being watered since Alan has gone - the hose disassembled itself probably at the first turn-un... Everything yearns for the good eyes of the Masterful Alan, whether he lost his glasses happenthence or not...
As for the day; it started up as usual, with just a touch of cool wind to signal the arrival of the promised cold front. Brill weather to work outside, so after breakfast and dealing with some hostel admin stuff, we headed up the hill; Helen weeded the grapes and the raspberries, while I cut the sorrel. Then I went down to the bus to meet our long-stay hostel-guest Christopher, who is a retired teacher from England (Burnley at present!) and is staying for 5 days.
After lunch Helen insisted to go on working, after some relaxation I processed the sorrel, and prepared some schnitzel type pork steakes. We had a hearty tea. Then I soaked my feet. I forgot that one doesn't work the land without socks, my big toes turned black.
Now they are nicely de-pinkified and nivea-creamed. I hope certain far away person would pay attention to the effort one is making here...
I left the sweet-corn standing in the greenhouse, I thought they give a good place to climb for all those frightening lot of things growing there, it's turning Hitchcockian there... But the earliesr ever sweetcorns are marvellous, I made a picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home