Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Friday, June 19, 2009

day 9

I've been a jolly good consumer today, sorry. Lots of food - including icecream and apple-turnover in Pecs, breaded marrows and aubergines and loads of raspberries at home (raspberries from Pecs market, had a couple of ours, but keep missing them, finding when already dried up the berry.) Anyways, hot day, good wwoofer planted everywhere she could, cut and washed loads of coriander and rocket, cleaned up the kitchen beautifully, helped to water things, took frustrated Bonzo for walk, I am looked after right nicely here... anyway, going back being a consumer, as the old (and I mean o l d) toaster we brought with us from England packed up working, I bought an all singing-dancing one, that can accommodate 2 large slices at the same time!! Like proper hosteliers' should! And I treated myself to a beautiful kitchen scales - I wanted one for ages, that's one for my birthday, ok? Anyway, the toaster was real cheap (6000HUF).
I get thoroughly muddy every time I water things, I am getting fed up. But I keep discovering stuff that needs being picking - tomorrow will be cucumber pickling day - loads of them are ready.
Oh, Zoltan rang up, he thinks sure he failed with the listening part of the exam again, what was fairly happy with the rest, he says he made the examiners laugh (in a good way). Results take a month. But the listening part was all about flying - again - and he is not familiar with that stuff as he's never flown before.
He might start reading this blog, I'd better start to write like a proper person...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home