Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

day 8

... and another quiet one with the best June weather - hot, but pleasantly so. Helen turned into a wonderful wwoofer, did a lot, pulled out the radish and planted tons of things, she also cleaned and tidied the washing machine room, and hung out the washing I completely forgot about while I went to sleep after lunch, like a noble lady..! All I did was, sorted/shelled those mange tout as mentioned yesterday, helped Tahar with a letter, dealt with the septic tank maintenance team - still no stuff in the new one, but the old one was emptied; and the digi-man fixed the satellite dish for free (part of the contract), the little middle thingie was broke. (Alan, that's why it made weird noises for the last few weeks) It turned out that we have 4 extra channels now, one is film 24, which seems to have good films wall-to-wall, - in Hungarian only... I hold the ladder for the chap, as he seemed a bit unhappy up there.
So after lunch I had the nice little sleep, had a shower to wake up for that ultimate English lesson - didn't help, it was quite a useless lesson... But Zoltan thinks, that his position is safe until the New year, anyway, and that by keeping my lessons he'll pass in December, he believes in me... so I'd better start to plan the new regime of learning, now that I actually know the standard, vocabulary and the system of the exam...
We had our tea outside, it was so beautiful, no flies, no mosquitoes, clear skies, green views, flowers - lovely. Helen watered here, I did the rest, we even had time to sit in the comfy chairs and read a bit outside... all in all, lovely day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home