Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

day 3

overslept till 6:30, run to shop, had enough kiflis.
Livestock ok; though geese are back to hissing mode which they did not have yesterday. Temperature stayed under a very pleasant 25C, I got the garden furniture out yesterday. I did not wateras there was big rain and it is not very hot, will do it in the morning,
(I did the polytunnel, don't fret)
though they forecast a very cold night (<10C) Alan chose his time well (or was it me?) for next week they say 35+C.

Anyway, I helped to book ladies' next stay in Keszthely (seems dead nice I wanna go, ensuite for €15) by which time it was quite late to start to cook, but managed; in spite of the fact that I bought the wrong saurkrout, it was cabbage leaves, so instead of rakottkaposzta I had to do stuffed cabbage which is much more fiddly, and I never done it before. And shelled the peas Ries collected for a soup.
Belgians did their bread pudding again. It was all very good, we stuffed ourselves, even though the cabbage leaves unfolded, so it was meat-balls, cabbage-leaves and nice sauce. Hm, that pudding is very good.

Zoltan arrived to whip away the ladies just as we finished (3pm!)
by the time I dealt with dishes and clothes it was nearly five - but I had a nice hour with my book sitting outside. The internet went away for a couple of hours, as you see, it came back.
Zoltan and wife Anna brought back the ladies after seven, they all seem to have had a wonderful and useful language-learning time.
I had a chat with Zoltan and his Anna, they tried the pudding and the elderberry drink. They asked me to go with them to Kaposvar to a super spa thingie, but Timi and Dodi are allegedly coming for a lesson tomorrow morning, and frankly, it'll be nice to have a bit of peace and quiet. WWoofers are leaving, too, I'll have food for all next week I think, holiday from cooking, so that I can do wonderful things in the garden...
We had an e-mail from our ex-lodger Keith - he graduated! And he's going to be on a coach tour passing through Hungary, but cannot really go to Budapest to meet them, maybe next time...
No wwoofers responded for last minute sos call - so it'll be me...
never mind, I think I will enjoy it, whether I like it or not!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home