Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

day 4 I think...

so last breakfast for wwoofers and hostelguest ladies (Sue, Anita and Marilyn world travellers at 66, 77 and 79) who made real good friends. English lesson to Timi and Doddy, part of it is the 30 + minutes chat and goodbyes...
I forgot to mention, that I pulled out the first 3 beetroots, and cooked them yesterday, and they are beautiful, I might just process them bits by bits. Also pulled out the first few carrots today, as they were visibly "there", very nice medium sized ones.
Will be good for the evening salad tomorrow, the two guests arriving asked for tea... apparently, they've heard about it from another guest... after all those people, it was a sudden change to be on my own... hm, but it was nice... washed all the bedding, had a long lunch with book, and besides picking the flowering bits of the origano I didn't do anything outside - it was 30C.
I invited Tahar over, as it's his birthday today, I even managed a little present, and then started to walk over to Timi's with him, when she appeared in a borrowed car and gave us a lift. Had a nice sitting around in the garden, listening to the reharsal of the band. EMO Kasszi was at first in a good mood, later not so much...
I went home early to do tons of watering, as it'll be a hot day tomorrow, probably do some in the morning, too.
Also picked some courgettes, will give them to Jozsi, who mentioned them a few times - I have no time to process them and seems that there will be a few more yet - not to mention that we do have still loads in the freezer.
Goats behave a bit weird tonight, as the fence is dodgy, I thought I lock them up for the night, but they insist standing on top of the "rock" at the viewing point, seemingly fascinated by all the village dogs' barking (there is a loose little dog around, the village is worryingly noisy at night - guests said they slept ok)
hm, I might have another look...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home