Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

travel pains






The birthday meal was lovely - just close family, ten of us in Béke buffet lunch, where we used to go a lot when my dad was still around. It was the first time we made it there without him. The two ancient musicians were re-instated giving a bit of atmosphere and cheering my mum up no end. She was happy, all old-bone-pains forgotten. Food and the 2 grandkids were at their best, though Hani was a bit quiet, I think she's still in shock about having a little brother and not being the centre of the universe any more. Pictures are from there except mum's which is a bit older, I managed to forget to make a picture with her, and the cake and all that. Others did, with me on, too, so you are not missing anything...
I also send that picture of my mum to lovely sounding Marlys, who is yet an other of my approving readers from far away cyber-space, I mean Santa Fe NM...I'm afraid I am not as familiar with the Tarr films as she is, but I try to catch up, I haven't seen any decent film for ages. But we are going to Pécs opera on Friday to see Donizetti's Anne Boleyn, so we are getting cultured...

I try to get over our main stress; we got an e-mail yesterday, they re-scheduled totally our outward flights, adding another leg and about 7 hours extra to an already daunting journey to Florida. Anyways, with lots of panic and phonecalls and e-mails, we end up going a day earlier, but by keeping the original flight times. If that's what's happening, still haven't received the re-issued e-ticket. it is very stressful stuff never mind.

Having to fill a "statement of wealth" for me and for Alan for the pleasure of being a council rep
was not a particular pleasure either...weather was pretty English, too, tomorrow must be a better day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home