Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Saturday, November 06, 2010

quick autumn pics




Yes, we went for a walk, and here are some pics I tried to make arty... easy when at last we had some beautiful weather, nearly as enjoyable as springtime. Pictures are of the Kiskassa cemetary next to the church.
We had temperatures up to the 20Cs, so Alan did a lot of work, sowing autumn wheat. ploughing, getting in some hay - it will be good next spring if we get goats or sheep maybe... his eyes/face was still sensitive, so the allergy maybe more to do with some nasty weeds than sunshine.
General clearing, sweeping - it is really enjoyable to mess about outside.

Today is Zoltan's written exam - lets keep our fingers crossed, though he can probably obtain his degree certificate now with just the oral results. He is much more confident lately, thinks more in English, I think we got through a barrier... update: he just phoned, sounded slightly hopeful even though he left his dictionary at home, which he could have used...

And the big news is, that it seems, that through this very blog we managed to re-connect with one of our oldest friend Jenny, from Thessaloniki, Greece!! Her husband Kostas was the one making a comment last time here, and when I looked up his profile I managed to read the Greek letters and knew he was from Thessaloniki, but I didn't make the connection, it is a big city... But out of the blue I got and e-mail from Jenny!! Such a lovely feeling, we really were worried about her, as we just couldn't get any letters/phonecalls getting across to her, and not heard of her for something like ten years, if not more! Now we have to convince them to visit us in Kiskassa...

I am off today to Budapest to celebrate my mum's 89th birthday, I'm afraid you'll get pictures from there, too...

The first serious council meeting was last tuesday, I swore, that I'll do my best, keep secrets(!!) and I managed not to say the "so help me god" at the end, which would have been cheating from an atheist, nobody objected.
The new mayor set out very energetically to do all he promised, he seems a quiet, resourceful, intelligent sort, let's hope all goes well for our pretty village.

Meanwhile we are having our probably last guests this year, and other surprise returnee; did I tell you about the Finnish lad who threw up in Zoltán's garden when visiting the "Palkonya Open Cellars" wine-event? Well, he's back with his lovely Turkish girlfriend, initially for 3 days, but today is the fifth...
Hesn't done the

ooo, should have made a picture, of me after Alan cut my hair first time ever, it was so much better than Csilla's, even if a bit uneven, but that suits me well, - alas, I went down to colouring and I'm back to 60s village round-head style, never mind...

3 Comments:

At 6:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a subscriber to the Caretaker Gazette and found you through that publication. I have had a big attraction to Hungary for several years now and delighted to find you. I watch Hungarian film and Bela Tarr is one of my favorite directors. Your pictures remind me of scenes from his movies. He must film in your neck-of-the-woods. I understand he is from Pecs. I have been following your blog for awhile and decided to connect. I love what you are doing there and do hope I have the chance to visit sometime in the future. It's always about money for me!
Anyway, I'm in Santa Fe, NM, USA and the weather here is very beautiful today, much like it looks there. My mom, too, will be 89 next month. Happy birthday to her and have a great time in Budapest!!!
Your admirer — Marlys

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger kostaslogh said...

Ιt is not enough only the beautiful weather to take nice pics,it needs to have it, and you have it!

...to convince us? you have not to try hard for this!
kisses

 
At 10:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for your mum.
It' s so sweet you write about us....we are also very happy for our connection after so many years!
Very nice pictures
It would be wonderful to visit you someday,but is no possible, i dont know for how long.
I have to take care of my mum, she had a difficult surgery, problem with her knee. She is 83.
Your farm is so beautiful......you are very lucky you live there!
My love to you and Alan
Jenny.-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home