Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Sunday, September 06, 2009

day3 ok, I messed up

I picked tomatoes and marrows, so I undid the electric fence, and forgot to reconnect it. The goats must have been out only for a few minutes - but they destroyed our pride - the line of late sweetcorns
that were doing so well... I hope the fence is working well, otherwise ... by the way, the chickens got out, too, today, so I'll ask Dodi to nail up the chicken wire, like I thought it should be done ages ago, never mind. Gave tea for the 3 guests, a marrow theme, (tokfozelek, toklecso) a bit of tarhonya, salad, the Canadian girls are vegetarian, so everything was appreciated... did a few fasirt balls for the non-vegetarian Lucy from Taiwan. Oh, and tomato soup from those tomatoes picked in the morning, as mentioned above...
bother, bother. They (the goats) didn't eat the lettuces and - wonder wonder - the cabbages, as far as I could see. But I had to rush back to the cooking, so didn't quite measure up the damage. sorry and sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home