Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

day 5 I think

all is well, I still haven't killed any animals, I think, last count,
though I cannot say the same about sweet corns that were supposed to be planted between the beans. Anyhow, I had a couple of relatively quiet days. Which ment today a 6 o'clock ring of the bell - Marika and Jozsi had only time to help with the milking then... I'm sure the goats were surprised, too, but took it quite stoically, like they do. I actually only done the filtering, let the chickens out and went back to bed...
But this early taking care of business ment that I could get the bus to Pecs at 8:30, had a nice quick shop and returned with the 11:00 o'clock one. Got more cheese hanging netty things, a lovely pair of pumps, got money from the bank and put money on Alan's mobile whether he likes it or not - just to show that I think about him...
Meanwhile 5 people booked for friday - 2nd May - from germany, which means that
on Sunday there'll be full house! I've got the beds made, I just do some cleaning tomorrow - besides receiving Anna' long promised pigs and checking out the village
Majális, which this year happen on the football fields, cooking competition for
adults and mostly sporty stuff for kids, such as bicycle race. I wonder if I can
bribe the mayor to put me in the jury of the cooking competition...
On friday it will be the official opening ceremony for the new library with a little reception - I might miss that if I'm too worried about the arrival of the guests.
I shouldn't blog this often, I forgot if I mentioned my terrible tv addiction since we had the big satellite-dish sorting out, and have a dozen hungarian channels instead of one and a half, and umpteen english speaking stuff, I'm still learning where worth navigating.
but first I have to wash tons of dishes - I bought some pirexes - one lid was broke while I was away, i dropped another yesterday; it was a smokey glass one - the kitchen floor was covered with tiny bits of greyness. And I should attend to some cheese business. Oh, and we had our first hostelworld booking for June - 2009, from
Keith, Hong-Kong. Don't worry Alan, not THAT Keith. I think.
I wonder if he was mistaking the year??
Oh, and I brought down the hay, two talicskaful. The frame worked quite well.
I did not throw it on the loft, that was a step too far for city girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home