Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Monday, April 28, 2008

day 2 late

yes, because it is day three now, but there was no internet yesterday,
so here it is a detailed yesterday, but I don't think I bother such tiresome details again...
Sparkling blue sky, cool morning. Alan phoned from Milnrow, arrived to his Dad’s ok.
Marika came over and insisted on milking the two goats – I’ve done Clover by then.
And she did them in about 5 minutes or less each – you could see the professional – she was doing 4 cows by hand for six years – the other two was done by her husband, Feri.
I am writing up what I’m doing, so I don’t forget it by the evening, internet is off since last night dammit. So after milking I walked up Carolyn the hill, cause she’s just a bit stupid and couldn’t figure out where all the other goats could be and they were too far up to hear her bleeting. After breakfast I took over some milk to the guests and put the disinfected nappies, aka milk-filtering device, in the washer. I made the next cheese – very creamy again, but trying for hard – with just salt and garlic, it does taste wonderful if I may say so. I hung it up in one of the chinese basketware thingies, that was designed for something else, but fits a portion of cheese nicely, I’ll get some more of these on Monday if I get to Pecs. And now I am off to plant cucumbers...
Or no, I do that in the afternoon, I’ll wait for guests to decide what they do and collect
the bedding, make beds, just in case I’ll have sudden late-bookers, like the last ones except now I wouldn’t even get the warning ’cause of the damn crappy internet.
Hm – as the other guest couldn’t check the timetables on the internet, he’s staying another day, too... that silver lining in action...
So I took some drinking water, watering water, hoe, gereblye, mobile, camera.
And when I was up there I realised that I left the cucumber seeds at home... never mind... I’m sure confusing the herd, I am followed and watched carefully. Still a beautiful summer day with a balmy breeze, just perfect. No internet.
Got a lettuce to go with my spaghetti bolognese – at least that’s what I think it is I fished out the freezer. The lettuce will get the Hungarian sugar-vinegar treatment.
And lettuce with lettuce for tea – no guests, workers, anybody to eat them...
Anna was over, there will be tons of chickens delivered to the closed stye tomorrow, we were given three oven ready specimens.
(Later) All is watered, closed, separated...
I have to go to Pecs tomorrow if the internet is not fixed.
monday 2pm: I didn't go, the Internet is fixed, and it was too busy a morning...
and now, I'll bloody well have a siesta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home