Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Friday, September 08, 2017

there are figs after all!


I wanted to start with september raspberry and fig pictures of stuff I collected today, but alas, I ended up eating into the still-life without thinking. Yes, we just about got through the bottling season - I promised not to do any more after yesterday's ketchup, which turned out nice, except that I managed to put a bit of the boiling stuff on my thumb, ouch. Didn't help, that later on a very confused hornet, that was one hit on the head, but than disappeared out of sight, managed to find its vengeful way to my unsuspecting, crossword-concentrating bum and had a largish bite! Other ouch, and uncomfortable sleep... which reminds me, that I had a 24 hour blood pressure monitor on me giving even less sleep a few days earlier - yes, my bp is up and up, Alan's heart-spec doc kindly included me in the pre-Greece checkup - I have to take extra pill, and have to do something about high cholesterol - even though I'm sure it is genetic, we eat hardly any fat - except the odd cake... and icecream... damn... While all this happened, we had Szonya and Drew for a few days, including the usual bogracs, and a nice afternoon visit from Marta's lot - including 4 lovely various granddaughters. before that Jutka was here for here usual lightening visit, and dragged us to the newish Bökös festival, that was similar to the Ördögkatlan which we missed this year, had a good evening, including music, stalls, and a meal in the Kemes halászcsárda, yum. I'm off to Krakow with the girls for a near 50 year old jubelee trip - it was our first trip together there in 1969... I think we'll miss out on the hitch-hiking and the admiring glare from the male polish population, but, still, we usually manage to have a good time together... after that Alan goes to see dad, and after that we rapidly have to get ready for the Big Trip back to an Agios Andreas winter, this time Hippo taking us. Done two fururelearn: "Lottery of Birth" by the OU - mediocre and "Building a future with robots" Sheffield uni, fairly good. also, free tennis! Atlast - because Jutka dragged me, we did find out about the Ujpetre court and it is free, 24 hours per day!!! The net is crap, but we solved it with clever thinking. The surface is proper, the place is pleasant. should have done it before. we had a good go with Szonya, twice! Alan promised to go with me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home