Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Monday, July 05, 2010

bday and stuff




that was last Tuesday, very pleasant meal in the Minaret where hitherto had not managed to get to. Or dared to, as it somehow looked always sparsely peopled. But it was great - true, not many diners, but some, lots of trees all round, good service, nice food and not too expensive - hm - am I becoming the restaurant writer upper - maybe. Anyway, my harcsapaprikás was superb; (veggie people, jump this next part) Alan's veal sat on a bed of prunes in red vine, and we tucked into some foie gras for starters. Absolutely nothing to complain about.
Alan asked what I wanted for my bday, so I sort of jokily said: a laptop, and to my amazement it was taken seriously, and we might pick one up in the US when we make it there later this year all being equal... but it has to do for the next (rather round) bday, too, being a bit more pricey than usual ones.

Been to Bp to fill in some period without mum carers, had a lovely rest, for 2 days I did nothing but ate, read, talked to my mum, watched Wimbledon. (What crap finals never mind). A Hungarian lad won the junior cup, he has a difficult name with lost of u-s finishing with a -ics.
Struggled through the Zola book (The Earth) an other not-at-all idyllic description of village life... so I earned the prize to read the McCall books now, such a pleasure, they are just so bloody heartwarming, and real-feeling inspite of that...

Mustafa gave me a lift home, which was a tad more comfortable admittedly, than the bus. Which reminds me - can you help me to find for him a suitable girl for marriage? he is a lovely, intelligent chap, good husband material I'm sure, and he is well off... he suddenly decided that this lonely businessman's life is not enough... the lady has to be in childbearing age... any ideas how to find somebody, when he hardly ever lives what can be called social life? He speaks French, English and 2 types of the languages of Algeria. Loves dogs, music and reading, probably in that order.
I wonder on which web place did Pete find Bouli.

Two pairs of guests from England and from Sydney, all stayed extra days, which is nice, but yesterdays lot from Spain failed to turn up, which is always worrying... have they got lost and ended up in darkest Croatia?? We left the lights on, walked down to the last bus... Too much to drink in Villány? I enquired via e-mail, no response yet. They must have guessed that I forgot to vac the carpet in the living room...

Mei is processing and picking as well as clearing the paths nicely, it was basil and more mange-tout today.
Alan started to milk the goats at night, too. He opened them the top field where they can champ on what left of the lucerne and tons of other goat delicacies; being goats, they are convinced that they are there illegally and they jump panicky from one morsel to the other. Clover's belly was bigger than when she was pregs with 3 little goats.
I'm sure tons of other fascinating stuff happened, but I just cannot recall them at the moment... pictures show Mei fighting with vegetables, flower tub and our first success with roses, more bunchy than Julianna's professional beauties...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home