Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Monday, May 24, 2010

flush




We had our record number so far last night - Melitta's crowd of 9, 2 Finnish guys and the permanent resident, 12 guests! We have no wwoofer at the moment until the 4th of June. Now that everyone'd gone except Alexander, it will be rather quiet for 4/5 days if I remember correctly, which is unlikely - I even forgot that Zoltán was supposed to come in the morning today - being Whitsun bank holiday - rather than in the evening.

But breakfasting so many was - challenging, as nobody sat outside to the proudly presented garden furniture, and it was - it still is a beautiful day. Everyone seem to adore all varieties of our goat products from the fresh milk to the cheeses.

The bogrács venison pörkölt do went off quite nicely, the atmosphere and the food was good, on Saturday night. Dodi had worn the official chef apron, giving a very professional aura...

My sister was here earlier in the week and insisted taking me to the doc, so I am now on antibiotics and improving steadily, which I hope I would have done anyway eventually - in spite of the wonder palm-leave extract tablets Pali made me take.
and my new teeth all work done - all mine, I've got the receipt to prove it - are an improvement.

And I got a good story from Martin - when they were walking home from the Shop with Sharon (Gainesville, Florida) a car slowed down and stopped next to them, and when Martin went there thinking they want direction, they pushed a $5 into his hand. It took some time to work out - they thought they were homeless, as they were walking...

The early cherries from Nora's are more or less ready to pick - the birdies tasted them so must be good, that is the job for the next few days - but I think they won't be nice enough to bottle or freeze - only to eat a lot. We'll see.

Pictures show tipsy Finnish guys after their visit to Palkonya open wine cellars day; drinking water for recovery, and Alan's dry compost toilet, which is ready to be used - and has been indeed used on this busy weekend, so there were three toilets altogether - Alan will explain how it works, allegedly soon, watch this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home