Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, November 19, 2009

trailer blues




The little trailer doesn't fit the little tractor, which wouldn't start, so basically it is the usual scene... Alan promised to report on these technicalities as well on the progress or otherwise with his new wind-generator experiment, see picture. And the roof: he cut the cherry and apple-tree branches that were taking our roof down from Nora's side, and fixed the relevant damaged tiles, and done this all single-handedly, today.

I think I forgot to show Bonzo with the haircut, as he posed so nicely, here he is, though not close enough. He is a free dog in the last few days, Alan put chicken wire in the front - and he can only escape if we don't close the gate fast enough, the little pain. I am worried about the pussycats being hassled away, but they waited for me patiently outside this morning, sitting near Bonzo, but during the day they didn't show up much.

Oh, the phone got fixed Tuesday afternoon, now I wait with abated breath if we get any compensation for it being broken quite a bit longer than t-com's 72 hours limit.

The new fence is working, goats are happy, still no sign of friskiness.

We have extra bonus surprise guests, the workmen who talked to me weeks ago about staying here when they paint one of the village communication towers (there are two and a half of them). They didn't show up, as the weather was awful thereafter, but they suddenly turned up yesterday, and they didn't mind that the house was cold and dirty, as we were not expecting anybody. By this morning it was quite pleasant, I did the cleaning, too.

I had a fight this afternoon with our goji-berry bush, it became a bit aggressive and jungleish, with very few (9) fruits to show for it. So I attacked back trying to clear the side where the wonderful raspberries were, but I lost, the thing's too complicated for me. Alan says I used the wrong implement. I regroup and try again tomorrow, I hope more berries, they supposed to cure everything if you'd belive their slightly loopy literature.
The weather is really beautiful, a bit too beautiful - short sleeves - past mid-November? I hope we don't get that weird non-winter which was followed with the draught a couple of years ago.
Thank you for reading this far , see telling me you are interested and that you follow the blog, made me a bit long-winded... but I am nice to you and keep my polemics and arguments for the old skeptic list, of which I am a proud member since - 1994!!

4 Comments:

At 8:33 pm, Blogger Brad Tarisznyas said...

and thankyou again for writing!

 
At 12:29 pm, Blogger emiGrants said...

I am reading it all the time too.

 
At 12:32 pm, Blogger emiGrants said...

I am reading your blog all the time as well. Unfortunately due to "comment moderation" it is not always simple to leave a comment and I never know whether it appears or not until later. Still, keep going, Roy says he has the feeling in his bones that this one will be a cold winter. We'll see!

 
At 1:28 pm, Blogger Chronoguard said...

Go go Eva go! Winter is notorious for lazyness. But I learned from the best! Just like in the animal kingdom, I hibernate :-D
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home