Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, November 05, 2009

H1N1 jabbed






... Decidedly nasty English weather out there, with lots of cold wetness. Still managed to pick 3 raspberries - surely the last - and some figs.
So back from the city - and I've been to the pictures, in fact it was a group turn-out - all the girls plus one en mass. It was Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep - I seem to have enjoyed it most - none of the others were very keen, they thought it was too long and the Child character was overplayed. But I read that she was supposed to be this noisy and affected. Anyway, we squeezed in a nice drink and a little chat afterwards.

I was hunting in Budapest pharmacies for the flu jab pack - info said you have to buy it and take it to your GP to get it done.
After not getting any in the advertised venues, I called our Kiskassa GP, he said - just come to the surgery on Thursday -
which we did - no probs, jabbed stereo, in one arm the traditional flu stuff, in the other the new stuff. It didn't hurt, and so far we don't feel any adverse effects...

While I was away Alan ably provided meals for a last minute guest, a published author in China, Iuming Chen who lives in the US. (Some sort of self-help books how to be as successful as USians for ambitious Chinese - so now you know how this Chinese takeover in global economy happened... this book, obviously)

The workmen, who were booked in for this week, haven't turned up, I suppose the weather wasn't up to painting communication towers.

I include a few more corners of our place, including a revolutionary design for our new wardrobe - in the double door we don't use, hopefully providing extra insulation...

I know it is Bonfire Night! It will be duly celebrated this year the day after tomorrow, with some friends coming over. I experimented with parkin this afternoon - considering the lack of treacle and ginger, it wasn't too bad. Luckily I have loads of Mixed Spice left. I'll make more of it on similar lines tomorrow.

I read a book borrowed from my dad ages ago, a Malamud in Hungarian (The Tenants)- and it has the author's signature in the front, wow.
I wasn't keen on it, as such, I don't like novels about the agony of writing novels, though probably this is the topic most familiar to novel writers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home