Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Saturday, March 07, 2009

march alright...




yesterday full glory as per the previous post, today
freezing winds we had to fight through while walking up to the culture house to the annual International Womens' Day quiz...
It means no speeches about equal rights around here - only flowers from a gallant mayor - and a merry get-together for the villagers, they need it, I tell you. It was a very good natured quiz - I was there for over four hours! About 4 glasses of very drinkable red wine helped me. Alan joined later, he met this year's first hostel guests at the bus stop first. And we won the quiz! Inspite my poor performance at the give us a clue part of it.
We were in the same team with Miska, the village's, and probably Baranya county's only MTK (Budapest football team) supporter.
I was such a supporter in Budapest when I was young and am somewhat amazed to find a supporter here - MTK won the Hungarian league
a few time in recent years due to the lucky appearance of an owner who put in lots of money in them in spite of the grotesquely low number of spectators at the matches. Anyway,
The prize was a beautiful cake shared by the team and everybody else. Tomorrow I am off to Budapest to give a bit of a relief to my sister and the lovely transylvanian Marika, who's looking after my mum and dad. I bought the train tickets via the Internet, and am a bit worried how that will work out, but I'm getting a lift to Pecs by a greatful English student of mine, so I shouldn't complain.
Oh, and Alan bought with Pali the setup to make cider - our newest venture...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home