Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Saturday, October 25, 2014

antique treasure


no, not Alan, but the lamp he found last Sunday walking Pécs market. Man said it was from a synagogue, I think it is small for that, and internet info says was used for sabbath at homes. It is a whale-oil lamp, if you believe the catalogues anyway, he is chuffed. Well, the new season got here, stays around 10C during the day, but dismal rain&wind stopped. Should break wallnuts, hunt down still occuring figs and raspberries, process black reddish (can be used like kohlrabi as well as reddish for salad) and chard still going strong, as is amazingly paprika in the poly-tunnel. but I feel like not doing anything today, got a good book on kindle... fire is going, heating is going, curry in the fridge. I am comfy and I'm fed up with all this produce looking at me accusingly. Next weekend we are off to Budapest and to Milnrow, returning around the 17th nov, if you won't hear from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home