Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Saturday, September 03, 2011

on holiday!

yes, this lady-farmer upped it, leaving Alan in the lurch (there must be a phrase like this). I am on my way to Naples with the old girls the friends from my Hungarian secondary school. I arrived to Budapest, and the place is full of free live music of all types, really bubbly and nice, like if summer has never turned into September - well, the weather is upto it, must be still over 28C and it is 10pm.

Short report from the farm before I leave the country for a week-

well, actually, same as last time, still lots of things to process,
I will miss my morning handful of raspberries, bunch of grapes, hunting down figs from rude sparrows. The ducks seem to have grown quite a bit and still fun to watch, and Alan is in negotiations about new-to-us goats.
Bonzo woke us up last night barking continuously, when eventually we crawled out to get him to shut up, it turned out that a tiny hedgehog pretended to be a thorny tennisball in his basket. We saved the little thing and peace was restored.

So anyway, do give support to Alan, keeping the fort, including 13 guests arriving on the 10th of September, while I do my best to enjoy Italy, my favourite country, and going to places like Pompei, Amalfi, Capri, wow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home