Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Monday, June 27, 2011

New kid still here and more, not to mention the b-day surprises!!






So the officially named Pici is doing all right, except still being incredibly little, especially compared with today's even newer arrival, not yet named, of Bambi - at least three times bigger. It stood, run about, found mother straight away. It is beautiful and looks weeks old, it's mother must have thought so as buggered off in the afternoon, leaving the newborn alone to fend for itself against geese and suspicious mum of Pici. So much about goats.

Going back to my last trip to Budapest, I was just chatting to Marta, when out of the blue Szonya MegaDrew appeared! The first Big Birthday (60 on the 29th) surprise, first of many!
We had a lovely time, met up with Edit and Juci (nieces) and aunt,
returned to Kiskassa together, just in time to pick loads more black cherries and use them with raspberries as base for trifle.
Saturday - milling about together, cooking, eating and the pensioners' birthday afternoon for me. I ordered pizzas just to be different, making goosefat butties with red onions for backup, we expected a few to be suspicious about the foreign fare - but everyone seemed to have a go at the pizzas with gusto, it went well.

Sunday started with me being presented with birthday surprise no 2: an Amazon Kindle! Alan reckons that will stop me stacking up more and more books... it is fantastic! Of course I'll have to get used to it, like is the case with such super tech wonders...
Anyway, I had a little sleep in the afternoon. As I woke up, Alan called me to look at something weird outside... and there walked all the Budapest old girls! All to join the bogrács cooking singlehandedly conducted by Drew. But before that - another incredible present - a bicycle! I used up all the adjectives for the Kindle - just imagine something shiny and sophisticated...
with 7 gears and basket. I refused sit on it with all the spectators - I haven't sat on one since I run over some natives in
Nepal with one (or this is how Alan tells that story). So again, I need to familiarise with It in private... Picture follows when I manage to conquer my awe... also Marta presented a present from Lois, beautiful Szamos chocolate basket that was stripped bare in no time... (and don't forget the umbrella!)

The bogrács turned out good (all had gone!), and it was a very pleasant gathering, a perfect evening, including an impromptu
little performance by some of the village belly-dancers, when Timi and co arrived from another engagement.
Alas, today everyone abandoned us... and the news this evening: our council decided to dissolve itself... now that is a cliffhanger, isn't it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home