Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pécsvárad, fame and the usual autumn flower





so last thursday we went to discover Pécsvárad and to listen to Maggie and Pam's four-hand piano concert. Raimundo came with us, it was another beautiful day,
see pictures. On Sunday we had a successful day on the big market of Pécs, Alan found
the gizmos he wanted and for little money. I was picked by a reporter to give my opinion - as the average person of the street - of the world economic crisis and it's possible effect on me... so I gave my 2 penn'th worth, believe me!! And on my way to Budapest on Monday on the train, I was worriedly looking at the result in the Dél-Dunántúli Napló - well, my picture wasn't exacly fab, but merry, and some of my not too complimentary words about capitalism in general and the finance system in particular, were there!! Wow!
We have another set of lovely wwoofers from oz, doing tons of good works; clearing the polytunnel and put manure all over it, tidying the place in general, shifting what wood left... actually, I should make a photo of the geese now let to roam to clear up all the weeds, doing a good job. Next time... and we have a hostelbooking (!!) for today, and a call from the hunters for two people - but they are yet to materialise and it is 6pm, getting dark...

1 Comments:

At 10:03 pm, Blogger Chronoguard said...

Hohoho, I love your farm! And definitely put on weight with all the healthy eating. Thank you so very much Eva and Alan! Had such a wonderful time.
Also, would love to see that piece on the newspaper. Can you find it and then translate it to English? I too have a very strong opinion about capitalism ;op

 

Post a Comment

<< Home