Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Sunday, June 10, 2012

early june heat

yes, we had to go quickly to summer-mode, got the lighter quilt, left the roller-blinds down... we had 35C or more, and not a lot of rain. Ducklings moved into their outside quarters, Alan made a comfortable looking and safe house and a roomy run, with wiring against predators. They seem happy and make big noise if food or water are running short. Picture only shows the run, I'll try the whole thing next time, Messed up with elderberry this year - I was probably to mean with the sugar or the lemon or both - it is turning into pálinka... all that effort... Pali promised to take away the lot and help the process along to - something not too poisonous - with a mate of his. My sister was here, we had our trip to Boly, though was not brave enough to use 4x4 it was very muddy, it was a very stormy day. strawberries, raspberries pickable, peas nearly ready, the garden looks delicious, even with the continuous onslaught of weeds. Hyppo came back good and healhty, so Alan is taking me to my treatments next week, lunchtimes, when it is too hot to work anyway, so we can have lunch afterwards and maybe discover a few places where we haven't been. Lots of other things must have happened in the last two weeks as it's gone remarkably fast, but I can't remember... I felt particularly good last night and broke out in a spontanious indian jump/run and now my back is hurting dammit, one is not allowed to forget that one is old... Erzsi was given two tiny piglets - the runts - and we have been given her surplus goat's milk, hoping for being invited to the pig-killing in the winter... I made a picture of Alan and Dre wwofer/guest because of the nice coloured rose Gazsi gave me, there is a certain lack of wine on that table...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home