Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, February 03, 2011

gray winter





... but we are cheerful and busy so there.
Alan did some painting and fixing walls, laid foundation for a decking in the front, and made a biobrick press - well, the presser bits are to be made yet, maybe Zoltán will help...
The little fire is crackling away in the smaller kitchen, some nice meals were cooked though freezer stocks are far from depleted.

I was asked to take over the organisation of the village pensioners' club and entertainment, and I had to say yes, being the only pensioner on the council. So I am to look over the club that was not used since october; as the heating is dodgy. I had a good talk to Mancika, who did all the work for the last few years. I like her, she is a nice person, but ended up doing all this work alone, including cleaning the club, baking cakes etc... well, no chance of me doing all that, I have to do some motivation and delegation... whatever I got myself into??
still, there is plenty of time made in the evenings for knock-knock rummy with Alan, I am just ahead
25 to 22 - "Honi soit qui mal y pense"

Thank you for comments from Nicole (from Quwait!!) and John - weird that you
read the October blogs - I did hear that for some not the latest
of my gem appears but older stuff and the newer has to be found,
weird, when I look it up to see it's still there,
http://ecohun.blogspot.com I always get the latest entry.

I smuggle in just one more picture from Gainesville - guess which one - as well as the above mentioned good works and freshly chopped wood guarded by Gus, who hopes all of that basket will be used as throwable sticks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home