Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

back home, hectic to catch up, heat and sail





Split was wonderful, food and hostel good, trainjourney dreadful,
nothing like the oriental-express type comforts we expected foolishly, never mind.
I would like to post all the holiday pics, but managed to control myself and just put in one particularily well composed (in my opinion) shot.
All was well back home - with minor hiccups I prefer not to go into...
Tomatoes got ready to pick,
Anna let us have the full-time use of her small tractor with trailer, as well as her - wait for it - milking machine!! So the cooperation that is taking us just a bit un-green in bits, is indeed worth it - I know, sold our soul to the devil system...
It is very hot, we are so lucky that Alan decided to move the veg garden down, making it waterable. Weeds are on the move, got up at 5 yesterday to hoe sweetcorns, that was the only time with decent temperatures to do any work outside in my opinion. By 7 I was drenched in sweat and mud, but me 1, weeds 0, until the next match...
Got first sweetcorn and yellow melon from Anna - not bio, but not supermarket stuff either, very nice...
Alan started to do the solar fruit-drier, I better see if I can find some black-cherries to pick. Went to Pecs sunday big market with Lois, she got me a beatiful set of dishes made in Bohemia, and I got 2 hokkedlis (simple but well made stools, such useful thing, wanted some for ages.)
Oh, and Alan found a sail in the grinding room. We yet to investigate how that ended up here... Alan put it up as an awning, came handy in this heat, the cats love it. Also a picture of what we got from the seeds Carole gave to Alan, very picturesque, probably should have been eaten at an earlier stage. No comment on the marrowplant...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home