Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Monday, May 15, 2006


Sunday and it looks like rain so I have some time to do the blog. We have had two American WWOOFers, Matt and Chelsea, for about a week now. I think they’re enjoying it but perhaps find some of it a little boring. This is possibly because they have been doing the exciting job of weeding. Strange to say but I actually sort of like weeding, you can see what you have done and then in a few days time you can do it all again. They are from Virginia USA and hope to settle in Europe somewhere. I’m not sure they know exactly what they are looking for, but then they wouldn’t be alone in that. I had thought that WWOOFers would be a bit more into sustainability, organic growing etc. but perhaps they are just a bit shy about putting forward their opinions or asking questions. This morning I got them barrowing loads of hay donated to me by my next door-but-one neighbour. New mown hay is one of the nicest smells there is. My neighbour also gave me a cockerel. He breeds his own poultry and he said it’s a Kudli, I think that’s right? I have never heard of these before, but it’s a lovely colourful bird and is currently lording it over my Kendermagos which are a speckled breed of Hungarian hen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home