Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A little wizened old man gave me three magic pumpkin seeds today and we wait the results with bated breath. Apparently they were smuggled in from Texas where as I understand it, everything is bigger. We had a fairly impressive thunder storm this evening, which has saved me doing any watering.
Well it had to happen sooner or later, I have to have a rant. On the eighteenth of April the BBC World news (television) stopped broadcasting on analogue and went over to digital only. The thing is, I don’t even want to go out and buy a dig box as it was rubbish anyway with everything repeated over and over again. With the exception of the odd programme, Andy Kershaw springs to mind, (I knew his mum when I lived in Whitworth) you can’t tell it from CNN. I used to listen to the world service on the radio but the radio I have doesn’t seem to want to pick it up. The radio is old, much travelled and knocked about so maybe I need to replace it. I’d listen on the computer, but we can only get dial up here and it’s too expensive to listen without broadband. Ok I’ve finished, I’m going to listen to some B. B. King on one of those strange formats called a cassette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home