Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

allegedly spring


Was promised by the weather office for today but alas, we have to wait longer, even when after what seems yonks the sun did come out this afternoon, the temperature failed to make it over 5C. But we do have some tentative flowers that look like violet, which would be weird as they tend to come here much later. Our little lamb is growing fast and full with that love of games and enthusiasm about life which is so encouraging to the old curmudgeons we rapidly becoming. On our Wednesdays I am now taken on another student in Pécs, as we go in anyway that day; she's the lovely woman who helps us out with accounts and other paperwork, as she wouldn't take the fair amount I think she's due, I offered English lessons, which idea she jumped on bringing her friends 12 years old son, but insists on paying for - this is one way to recruit business... by the way we've got out first booking for the hostel - some nice returning Polish people for the end of June. Also we are quite well off with wwoofers, the first one, Bogdan, is arriving via hitch-hike from Romania around the 18th of March. Alan has been very busy - spreading muck, clearing, getting the flower-pots ready etc. . we received a lovely e-mail - I just copy it for you... sorry, I cannot figure out how to do breaks and paragraph since this blog editor was modified. bit dense, but keep with it... Hannah Selmes Feb 21 (7 days ago) to me Hi Alan and Eva, I was lying in bed thinking about what my answer to the question that I keep getting: "what was the best part of Europe?". And it suddenly hit me.... although some of my answers change every now and then, the one that is always in my top three is "making goats cheese from scratch! and yes, I even milked the goat". I would like to thank you again for the great experience that you gave Andrew and me. It really was a highlight of our trip, in so many ways! Yesterday were even laughing about that ridiculously cheap red wine we accidentally got drunk on in Kiskossa... we're too scared to drink more than a glass or two now! That hangover is way too sharp in my memory! (personal stuff omitted) I hope all is well with you two and that things on the farm are going well. How was your winter? Is spring on it's way yet? I'll go back to bed now. Let me know if you ever make another trip to the east coast of Australia! Xx Hannah P.s. I've planed Sorrel in the garden! I love it! Thank you for exposing me to that delicious leafy vegetable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home