Ecofarmer

re-settled in Hungary from Rochdale, Lancs, England, and into a little village, doing a bit of greenish farming hoping for a quiet life... but stuff just happens...

Thursday, February 02, 2012

itchy arse

this is how Alan translates "isiász" which is what I got since Monday and it is
sciatica damnit, so my favourite things sitting and lying down are difficult and my right foot from above the right ankle feels peculiar. It's because the cold table-tennis room I'm sure, the heating was on for hours but it is a big room and it is cold around here, the last couple of days it hit -15C, even with bright sunshine it only gets to cca -5C during the day. I am sitting here with the elastic wool thingy round my belly/bottom that Alan purchased in Pécs yesterday, slightly worried in case this pain/discomfort ever goes away. Internet says, 90% of the time it does, and the bottom/back part is maybe a bit better but the leg is definitely not. First I thought it was a muscle-ache from the table tennis, but it got worse... Doc came and gave me a painkiller into the cheek in question (right) which lasted just about an hour while we chatted over tea with the doc... He didn't diagnosed as well as Alan from the internet... It is an ancient ailment and still nobody seems to know what to do, you can see very varied advice from the multitude of sufferers.
Doc is free here, but due to the stupid Hungarian setup, they are paid so little, that if they don't get tips from that part of the public who can afford it, they starve - well, no, they just go and work abroad for 10x + more money)
Ducks started to lay eggs, and we are buying an incubator for cca £50 and Erzsi (Timi's mum) who has the expertise, will deel with it all in her house, as she'll have duck eggs, too. Between us with some chicken-eggs we'll fill the 60egg tray. Apparently, you have to help these special Indian running ducks out of their shell.
Nothing much else to report besides the KiskassaBlues getting more and more thought to it, though no money yet.
Last week we found a new restaurant to savour in Pécs, the Bohemian Kitchen,
everything is cooked in beer, Alan loves it, But I liked what I had, too. It was a large portion that I resolutely won't eat anymore, I have to loose weight if I start to get these age/weight related horrid things.
I can't remember if I mentioned the chain-saw, Alan got one and between us, after a safety lesson from Zoltán, we cut up quite a lot of wood without chopping off important body bits.
Goats/ cats/dogs and us all are getting fed up with the winter, that's about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home